Achieving the objectives of the Fit for 55 package and the RePowerEU initiative will require a tremendous mobilisation of all actors in the energy sector, to swiftly increase the production and consumption of renewable energy sources and implement energy efficiency measures both at system level and through behaviour change.
The session will highlight the benefits of renewable energy communities (improved energy security, lower energy bills, active local participation, capacity to influence the cost and the quality of services, and boost local investments) through local examples from signatories of the Covenant of Mayors, the Community Energy Repository and the Rural Energy Communities. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss renewable energy communities in the context of the REPowerEU plan, share their challenges to setting up and managing a renewable energy community, and brainstorm possible solutions.
- Achille Hannoset, Policy Officer, Directorate-General for Energy
- Myriam Castanié, Coordinator, Energy Community Repository
- Arturo Zea Falcón, Energy Expert, València Clima i Energia Foundation
- Jaroslav Klusák, Director, Prague Renewable Energy Community
- Eugenia Bonifazi, Associate Director, Ricardo Energy & Environment
This event is part of the European Union's Sustainable Energy Week.
- energy supply | energy demand | energy cooperation
- Brussels, Belgium
- Dostupan je prijenos uživo na internetu